Clinical Practice Internship
Clinical practice is the culminating experience for teacher candidates in the undergraduate and graduate initial teacher education programs. The OSSC conducts clinical practice information sessions every semester for candidates that are submitting applications. Attendance at one information session is mandatory and must be fulfilled two semesters prior to clinical practice.
Requirements that must be met prior to beginning the clinical practice experience:
- Satisfy all course requirements for program of study
- Undergraduates must maintain a minimum overall GPA of 2.75.
- Undergraduates must maintain a minimum education GPA of 3.0.
- Students will be reminded to attend a Clinical Practice Information Session approximately one year below they will be completing clinical practice. At that session, they will be given the instructions to apply for teacher licensure with the SDE and the requirements for “clearance” for the internship by the SDE.
- Completion of online Red Cross Bloodborne Pathogen Training
- Establish contact with cooperating teacher and schedule visit(s) for observations (minimum of 6 hours) prior to first day of the internship.